Comic-Con and other things

Oh man, I’ve been so busy with everything that I’ve really been struggling to find time to update this blog! It’s been crazy at work, I’ve had writing projects left and right, and we took a long weekend trip to San Diego for Comic-Con last weekend!

We only had two badges between my brother, Chris, and I. I was in late pregnancy when it was time to renew my badge for this year’s SDCC and I wasn’t paying attention so I missed my chance. Thankfully the badges don’t have a picture or anything, so I was able to borrow Chris’ or my brother’s badges as long as they were the ones picking them up in the morning with their ID.

We drove down to San Diego on Thursday morning. Callie was awake the whole way and it sucked! She cried for a while and finally Chris decided to climb in the back to entertain her the rest of the way. Not super relaxing, but we made it. My parents were there too, so they accepted to watch the kids Friday so Chris and I could attend the convention together. It was so nice to spend some time alone! We haven’t had much time together without Callie or Gabby.

On Saturday, my parents left San Diego and Chris watched the kids while my brother and I went to the con. It was nice to spend some time with my brother without the kids too, it’s been a while since I’ve been able to hang out at cons with him like we used to do at the video game convention in Seattle.

We attended a few panels about writing in the comic/TV industry, because I was interested. Not interested to start a career doing that, but just to pick up writing tips! Other than that, we shopped for art. The expo hall has an “Artists’ Alley” with dozens of comic book/graphic novel artists showing off their independent work. It’s always full of such wonderful stuff, to fit every taste! We bought a few prints and they are pretty cheap, only $15-30 each. It’s a pretty good way to fill up your walls!

Chris was supposed to go to the con on Sunday while I watched the kids, but he felt like he had enough of it on Friday and some stuff came up for him at work. He figured if we went home Sunday then the kids could go to school on Monday and I could enjoy a day off at home since I had already requested the day off work anyway. I didn’t need much more convincing than that! Callie actually slept most of the way home so that worked out much better than the trip down.

Obviously Monday was fabulous for me, but horribly busy for Chris at work. I stayed home, did a few chores, and mostly spent a lot of time catching up on some writing projects. It was fantastic to write in daylight when it was awake and alert… Usually I do this stuff late at night after the kids are in bed.

Aside from that, let’s see. We hired a gardener to come in weekly and oh. my. gosh. I don’t know what took us so long to get one!!! Our yard looks fabulous and CLEAN, aside from the dead grass since we’re in a terrible drought. Amazing.

On Thursday, Callie started to crawl on all fours! She’s been army crawling for over two months, but I guess she finally decided she was done with that. She’s also pulling herself up off everything, and she can manage to sit back down too so no more falling over. She’s into everything! She loves taking clothes out of my hamper, oy.

Below are also pictures of a trip I took with the girls and my mom to a cute little aquarium in San Diego.








Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s