Lots of little things today…
1. It’s Christmas eve eve! I have to work a full day today but I get tomorrow off, yay! I’ve been telling everyone at work that it’s Christmas eve eve and they all think the double-eve is very funny. Clearly they haven’t heard of my pregnancy’s famous weekly holiday, chocolate croissant eve eve, or they would be used to the double-eve concept by now!
2. I found this sweet idea on another blog: start a new tradition by making your kid donate one of his old toys to Santa in exchange for the new one he/she will receive. I posted this on Facebook and someone responded that her friend tried that but the kid just threw a tantrum. I think I would tell Gabrielle to suck it up of she did that, but then again I may sing a different tune once we get to tantrum age. Anyway, I still think it’s a cute idea and a good value to instill in your child, all tantrums aside.
3. This Christmas has not nearly enough cookies involved. Where did all the Christmas cookies go?
4. Remember how I said Gabrielle was sleeping better? False alarm. It was a one night thing. She was still waking up 100 times per night and that gets old quick so I researched it. Some people suggested to put her to bed earlier. We were pushing her to stay up until 7pm even if she was tired because she already wakes up at 5:30am and we didn’t want her to wake up earlier. Anyway, my sources said putting her to sleep earlier would help her sleep better and longer so I tried. I had little faith but I started putting her to sleep at 6:30 instead of 7, and what do you know, she is actually sleeping a little better! Of course now I think she has my cold a little bit, there’s always something between me and a good night a sleep. But better is better than nothing!
5. We decided to throw Gabrielle’s first birthday party in Montreal! I thought it would be a fun way to let my extended family feel more involved in her life, instead of just going to Montreal any other time of the year. I am already looking forward to eating all the foods I miss! Hmm, pastrami pizza….